Anyone else see USB keyboard problems on FC2 with the new '770' kernel?

Bill Freeman f at ke1g.mv.com
Tue Mar 8 21:35:01 EST 2005

Bruce Dawson writes:
 > On Tue, 2005-03-08 at 17:17 -0500, Bill Freeman wrote:
 > > 	I'm running Fedora Core 2, and recently installed the
 > > 2.6.10-1.770 kernel (some kind of shift in the numbering) that I got
 > > from up2date.  If I boot from it, my USB keyboard stops working.  (I
 > > guess that I should try a PS/2 keyboard.)
 > >
 > > 	Am I alone?
 >
 > Not exactly. I've had lots of "fun" times with the 2.6.10 kernel and the
 > USB "filesystem". But I'm using a Debian distribution.
 >
 > What modules do you have loaded?

	Actually, I've been using 2.6.10 kernels just fine for a
while.  (Through 2.6.10-1.14_FC2, in fact.  Not that the 1.14 means a
whole lot to other than a Fedora release guy.)  It's just the latest
build (2.6.10-1.770 -- interesting change of numbering strategy) from
Fedora, which showed up in the last couple of days, that seems to have
a problem.  Nothing else is changed at the surface level.

	Fedora truly loads a lot of dreck: rfcomm, bluetooth, battery,
other stuff I don't recognize.  (What's the point of having modules
anyway?  If they're always going to load all this stuff it may as well
be staticly linked into the kernel.)

	I can't tell you what it tries to load with the '770 kernel
because I can't log in and ask without a working keyboard.

	They sure don't make it easy to figure out how to submit a bug
report.  I'll try harder if something doesn't show up on the Fedora
announce list in a few days.

							Bill