Review sought: Point & Click Linux!

Bill Sconce sconce at in-spec-inc.com
Thu Mar 17 12:22:01 EST 2005

On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 14:42:32 -0500
Randy Edwards <redwards at golgotha.net> wrote:

>    Has anyone read the book "Point & Click Linux!"?  If so, could you give me
> a quick review and if it's appropriate as a Linux intro for your typical
> clueless Windows user?
>
>    I've looked online, but the info I've found is the typical PR-type
> cheerleading which smacks suspiciously like it came from the publisher.
> Thus, I was looking for someone's real world opinion.

One of our students in the NHTI LAMP class happened to mention this very
book last week.  I asked him about it, because of Randy's message, and
he says he's been very pleased with both the book and with Mepis itself.
I'd describe him as an adventurous newbie - not just getting started with
computers, and not "typical clueless", but new to Linux.

-Bill