now I did it ..

Mike Medai mikemedai at netscape.net
Sat Mar 19 11:48:00 EST 2005

kend at xanoptix.com wrote:

>> If I eject and close with a music disk in, the icon changes to
>> reflect that there is a music cd in the drive, but I still cannot
>> access it through Konqueror or the terminal.
>

> Okay, I guess I wasn't clear enough: this is -expected behavior-.
> There is *NO WAY* to "access" an audio CD with Konqueror, Nautilus, or
> most any other file browser.

But that is the rub .. previously using Konqueror I WAS able to access
the music cd and browse it.  I has a choice of looking at the tracks by
name, by track file type, etc.  As I recall, I had about nearly 6
different ways of "looking" at the CD.  That was how I pulled down the
.wav files off the CD and copied them to the harddrive.  Then I got to
thinking about it .. those are some huge files, so lets convert them
over to .mp3 which makes the files smaller.  As a result of my tinkering
around I "broke" my system and I cannot perform tasks that I had been
previously.

Mike