BB/Forum software suggestions

Randy Edwards redwards at golgotha.net
Wed Mar 23 15:34:00 EST 2005

 > FWIW, I tried hacking up Postnuke when I had been using PHP for about
 > three months, and found its coding (at least for the sections I was
 > trying to modify) to be kludgy in the extreme.

   The original reason for PostNuke (it was a fork of PHP-Nuke) was PHP-Nuke's
spaghetti code.  Since its start, PostNuke has been a conversion-in-the-works
and has had a turnover of some developers, which of course adds to the coding
confusion.

   This tendency to evolve quickly without a firm, well thought out design,
impacts a lot of PHP-based CMSs (not to mention other projects:-).

 Regards,
 .
 Randy

--
If computers have made me more productive, how come I'm not working less?
Who's getting the profits from my increased productivity?!