Debian help, please

Bill Sconce sconce at in-spec-inc.com
Sun Mar 27 22:13:01 EST 2005

Not that I'd want to spoil anyone's fun of compiling KDE, but I consider
myself a Debian fan and I wouldn't willingly set out to do that kind of
bare metal.  So I'd recommend (especially for the first install or three)
working from a packaged distro.  Ubuntu is VERY snifty, and is Debian
based.  Libranet works on every piece of hardware I've thrown at it, and
that includes some pretty crufty laptops.  You'd be welcome to borrow
the CDs for either one.

.02 es 73
Bill, Appliance Operator N1BFK