Custom live CD

Donald Leslie {74279} dml at swlmail.msd.ray.com
Mon Mar 28 13:47:01 EST 2005

I need to create a bootable CD for a diskless laptop. Instead of booting
intothe desktop it needs to start with a menu of choices . One of these
will be the desktop.

The others will start an X application a a specified remote machine.

I have started looking at KNOPPIX . Remastering is not simple . Also my
first attempt is on a Amd64 laptop. The 2.4 kernels do not boot only 2.6.

I have tried KNOPPIX 3.7 and 3.7 which both offer 2.6 kernels. I have
had a number of problems in trying update the KNOPPIX copied to a local
directory.

Don Leslie