Dell laptops (was: Knoppix)

Michael ODonnell michael.odonnell at comcast.net
Mon Mar 28 17:31:01 EST 2005

Just FYI, speaking of hosed-up Dell laptop adapter HW:

   https://www.delladapterprogram.com/Main.aspx

Fire hazard!  I have an Inspiron 7500 with one of the
affected units (I always did think it got a little
toasty) so I signed up for a replacement adapter thru
that site in October of 2004 - they're sure taking
their time about sending it...

Debian runs great on my Inspiron with 128Mb but
SLES9 refuses to load because it's decided that isn't
enough memory.  I found the single config line in the
SLES9 booter CD where that limit is set so I assume
I could re-burn it with that constraint removed,
but haven't gotten around to experimenting.