Dell laptops (was: Knoppix)

Michael Nolin michaelnolin at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 28 18:30:01 EST 2005

--- Michael ODonnell <michael.odonnell at comcast.net>

> Debian runs great on my Inspiron with 128Mb but
> SLES9 refuses to load because it's decided that
> isn't
> enough memory.  I found the single config line in
> the
> SLES9 booter CD where that limit is set so I assume
> I could re-burn it with that constraint removed,

I was installing FC3 on a 128MByte machine just last
Thursday. No warning the install software just
rebooted the machine, shortly after starting the
install. I did get a bug report popup once or twice so
I think FC3 was intended for 128MB machines. Though
you're just tring a boot/load, I rarely find such
memory limits to be arbitrary only the programmers
that hard code them. :)

Mike Nolin
Embedded Solutions Unlimited LLC