Wiki Engines

Peter Dobratz peter at dobratz.us
Tue Mar 29 15:10:01 EST 2005

Recently, I setup a similar system quickly at my work to try to get
some feedback as to whether or not such a collaborative tool would be
useful for our purposes.  Basically, I installed Debian unstable on a
spare box and went through all the wiki Debian packages until I found
one that worked with minimal effort.  Note that all email related
problems would have been fixed had I taken the time to setup email on
the Debian box.

Twiki (Debian package twiki) was almost able to run as is, but it kept
complaining about not being able to send email.

Moin Moin (Debian package moin) did run without errors as is, but
simply ignores all user requests at sending email.

Both of these have revision control built in.  Moin Moin may be a
better fit because it has fewer dependencies and also can run as its
own webserver.

--Peter