Annoying screen backspace problem

Dan Jenkins dan at rastech.com
Wed Mar 30 19:18:00 EST 2005

Derek Martin wrote:

> <... snipped a long, informative post ...>

Thank you for that good explanation. It reminded me of so much I
had forgotten. (Pushed from my mind might be the better phrase.)

> Anyway, I think it's much better than it used to be.  =8^)

Oh yeah. I haven't needed to write a termcap entry in many
years. I haven't needed to decipher octal dumps to determine
keycodes in a long time. I haven't even had to battle backspace
issues in several years either. Generally "it just works" (tm).
(Of course, except when it doesn't ;-).

It is much better than it used to be, I agree.

--
Dan Jenkins (dan at rastech.com)
Rastech Inc., Bedford, NH, USA --- 1-603-206-9951