rdesktop: Linux->XP

Benjamin Scott dragonhawk at iname.com
Thu Mar 31 20:34:00 EST 2005

On Thu, 31 Mar 2005, Michael ODonnell wrote:
> Can anybody provide a clue as to what the proper sequence of steps might be
> that would result in (A) getting a Windows XP (Home Edition) machine rigged
> to accept a connection from the Linux rdesktop client

   Win XP Home doesn't include Remote Desktop Connection.  That's one of the
things Win XP Pro gets you.

   Win XP Home does include "Remote Assistance", which works using the same
protocols, but with some additional programmatic involvement which I haven't
explored yet.  It also requires the connection be initiated from the computer
being controlled.

   Use VNC instead.

--
Ben <dragonhawk at iname.com>