Fw: PC Mechanic Tip of the Day: Running Windows Software on Linux

Neil Schelly neil at jenandneil.com
Fri May 6 08:24:01 EDT 2005

> PC Mechanic Tip of the Day
> What do you know about this?  How does it compare to Win4Lin (or other
> hamburger helpers)? Any actual experience with such things?  -Dave E.

I know that Crossover Office is the commercial version of WINE.  I have
experience with WINE, though none recent, so probably none applicable
anymore.   I hear that they are expecting their 0.9 release in September
or something and the major change between now and then will be improving
useability.  I guess that means WINE will have more of the polish that
Crossover Office must have to be worth paying for.
-N