Help kill the Surveillance State Bill

Paul Lussier p.lussier at comcast.net
Mon May 9 15:34:01 EDT 2005

For those of you who aren't following /., or U.S. politics, there is a
bill up for vote in the U.S. Senate tomorrow which has an attachment
that, should it pass, will implement the requirement for National ID
Cards.

Amazingly enough, this attachment has not been debated on the Senate
floor, nor has a single committee discussed it.  Chances are, most of
the senators have not even read the bill.  Because the main portion of
the bill includes things like appropriations to continue funding our
troops, it is though to be an "unkillable" bill.

However, we have the opportunity to let our senators know immediately
before this bill is passed what we think.  From /.:

  "Bill Scannell has created a website where anyone and everyone can
  fax their senators regarding the Real ID Act. Note that the act is
  up for vote on Tuesday, May 10th! All those against the Act might
  want to go to Bill's site: UnrealID.com.

Please at least check out the site, read up on this bill, and
understand what the implications of this bill could result in.
Hopefully, you'll also choose to fax your senator at that point as
well, but if not, at least you'll understand what's going on and how
it happened !

--

Seeya,
Paul