[OT] Help kill the Surveillance State Bill

Brian gnhlug at karas.net
Tue May 10 11:17:01 EDT 2005

Yeah, that wearable computer guy in Seattle or Toronto I think.

Interesting idea, but pointless.  If you go to buy a 1/5 of Jack Daniels
(for example) you have to show ID.  YOU are the one initiating a sequence of
events that you know will setoff a request for your ID.  It is not "sane" to
require a store clerk, for instance, to show you their ID in order for them
to see yours.  This basic scenario is true in several (maybe even most?)
cases where you would be asked to present ID.

If some random person comes along and requests to see your ID, then it would
be normal for you to want to identify them first and in return.  But this is
really a solution looking for a problems in most cases.