Environmental Monitoring

Tom Buskey tbuskey at gmail.com
Tue May 10 22:05:01 EDT 2005

http://www.midondesign.com/index.html has a box w/ temp & humidity
sensing to serial port for ~ $135.  They also sell the parts so you
can make your own for less.

Nagios touts http://www.nagios.org/products/environmental/esensors/em01.php
which is ethernet/web based for temp, humidity, light.  It's around
$330.

http://www.spiderplant.com/hlt/index.html used to sell something for
around $100.  They now have schematics and code.  They focus on Linux.
 I worked with one of the owners.  Alas, they no longer sell stuff but
you can use their plans.

You might be able to use X10 based stuff.  I imagine once you get all
the parts it'll be more expensive.

You'll see Dallas and 1-wire interface alot in your search.
Unfortunately, if you want inexpensive, you'll have to roll your own.