[OT] List topics (was Re: Help kill the Surveillance State Bill)

Michael ODonnell michael.odonnell at comcast.net
Wed May 11 21:45:59 EDT 2005

The signal on this channel is Linux; the more your
transmissions stray from Linux, the more they qualify as
noise.  High S/N ratio is good, low is bad.  This channel
has historically had relatively high S/N ratio and that
is its primary value, the reason we gather here.

Sadly, that is precisely the reason the abusers feel the
urge to spew their crap all over this channel instead of
the infinitude of other channels available to them - they
know that we are held hostage because we keep expecting
(desperately hoping) that the formerly high S/N ratio
will be restored.  So, most of us will just keep silent,
waiting for them to regain control of their sphincters.

Unfortunately, it's in the abuser's nature to misinterpret
that silence to mean that we have been rendered breathless
and reverent by the compelling logic and clarity of their
vision.  If only they understood that it's actually the
same kind of embarassed silence that would fall over a
successful cocktail party if the host's drooling moron
nephew suddenly appeared (having escaped from the bedroom
where he'd been locked away) and started flicking boogers
into the onion dip while barking demented nonsense at
the guests.

To the abusers, for the Nth time: if what you have to
say is so fscking valuable, why is it that *NOBODY* ever
listens to it when given a choice in the matter...?

And since we've already indicated our choice in the
matter by gathering here, why not respect that choice?
Why not at least go somewhere else to inflict your wisdom
on unwilling victims?

Oh, yeah - I just said why...

 ( and couldn't you at least put [OT] in the Subject: ?  )