AOL access from Linux

Michael ODonnell michael.odonnell at comcast.net
Fri May 13 12:42:01 EDT 2005

My mother down in FLA gripes constantly about the latest
raft of problems she's suffering with on her XP machine,
and the machine is so unstable that she's phobic about
installing anything new on it, so I want to suggest she
boot something like a Knoppix CD but then she'll be off
the Net because dialup to AOL is how she connects.

I dogpiled at least two packages (losaol from Linspire
and PengAOL from sourceforge) that supposedly allow
connecting to AOL from Linux and wonder if anybody has
any experience/tips to relate about them.  TIA...