C or C++?

Jerry Feldman gaf at blu.org
Fri May 27 15:11:01 EDT 2005

On Friday 27 May 2005 2:55 pm, Jeff Macdonald wrote:
> On 5/27/05, Bill Sconce wrote:
> > If it were me I'd go with C++.  C++ allows better commenting.
>
> How so?
I agree with Bill in his initial statement that C++ is probably the better
way to go, but I may disagree that it allows for better commenting.

The reason I would favor C++ is that it lends itself better to larger
projects and more code reusability. C++ does impose a more stringent
structure on the programmer. it also requires a bit more front end design.

As far as performance, C generally gives you better performance. but C
programmers tend to be skimpy with comments and tend to write tricky code.
--
Jerry Feldman <gaf at blu.org>
Boston Linux and Unix user group