[OT] I'm on the radio.. no really..

Travis Roy travis at scootz.net
Tue May 31 18:51:01 EDT 2005

Well I think I'm established enough to finally announce this on the list.

Two friends of mine do a radio show on AM610 WGIR.

http://wgiram.com/scifi.html

it's call Sci-Fi Saturday Night. I've been doing it since the second show. I
used to do a 15min segment called "Scooter's Week in Geek". They have since
expanded my "Week in Geek" segment to 30mins and I'm on the show for the full
3hrs.

Why am I telling you all this.. for a shameless plug, of course.

Actually, the real reason is two fold. One, I wanted to see if there was any
objections to me mentioning the LUG on air, and second, if anybody hears of
anything that they think might be interesting, by all means feel free to email me.

Currently I just grab stuff off slashdot and slashdot-like sites and put my
own little spin. If you help me out I may be able to snag you some free movie
tickets (to Apple Tree Mall).

Also feel free to call in during my segment, this week I'll be sure to let the
screener know, just mention "GNHLUG" and what you want to talk about and I'll
see what I can do.

Please keep in mind that this still is primarally a sci-fi show, and you're
also more then welcome to call in then.

PS. Our timeslot blows chunks, and we know :)