bogus emails...............

Jerry Feldman gaf at blu.org
Wed Nov 2 15:57:00 EST 2005

On Wednesday 02 November 2005 3:01 pm, fgibbs wrote:
> In the last week (approx), I have received baout 40 messages from "(No
> From)" about "(No Subject)". The originating IP is 68.162.28.78
>
> I use Sylpheed and have the preview pane opened, so I never actually
> "open" the email. I think someone is just scouting for actual addresses,
> or perhaps something more malicious down the line.
That's a Verizon address.
Note that previewing your email has the same affect as opening it.
Fortunately Sylpheed does not suffer from the same problems as does
Outlook. In Sylpheed, even if you have the dillo plugin, it does not go out
to external sites unless you click on reload.
--
Jerry Feldman <gaf at blu.org>
Boston Linux and Unix user group