Threads and TCP/IP

Kevin D. Clark kevin_d_clark at comcast.net
Tue Nov 22 18:15:01 EST 2005

Thomas Charron writes:

> On 11/21/05, Cole Tuininga wrote:
>>
>> On Mon, 2005-11-21 at 18:18 -0500, Thomas Charron wrote:
>> > Yes, one could say 'What about at the same time', but there really
>> > isn't such a thing.. ;-)
>> Even on an SMP machine?
>
>   For the most part, yes. Even with multiple processors, ONE of the
> processes is going to get to that memory first. ;-)

On SMP machines things happen simultaneously all the time.  Things get
intermingled a lot too.  Even on uniprocessor machines things can seem
to be happening simultaneously.  So, you are wrong.

I for one am really not comfortable with the cavilier manner that you
are dispensing "advice" about threads programming.

--kevin
--
GnuPG ID: B280F24E

C/C++/Perl/Network/Linux/etc. guy looking for work.
Contact for info.