RAID autodetect?

Bill McGonigle bill at bfccomputing.com
Thu Nov 24 12:15:01 EST 2005

On Nov 23, 2005, at 22:59, Drew Van Zandt wrote:

>  I can later start the RAID just fine
> with mdadm, but I can't figure out what I'm missing in getting it to
> autodetect.

Last time I had this happen my initrd image had the wrong version of
the md driver on it so it wasn't loading properly.  Maybe it was an md
personality vs. the main driver, not quite sure.

Anyway, if you use initrd, try rebuilding your image.  mkinitrd on
Redhat-derived systems (not sure about Debian).

-Bill

-----
bill at bfccomputing.com           Mobile: 603.252.2606
http://www.bfccomputing.com/    Pager: 603.442.1833