Best tool for MIME handling in scripts?

Bill McGonigle bill at bfccomputing.com
Sun Oct 16 11:54:00 EDT 2005

On Thursday 15 September 2005 10:58 am, Bill McGonigle wrote:

> What do folks here use for massaging MIME messages in shell scripts?

It's been a month since I asked this and haven't come up with the
"Ultimate Answer" yet.  But based on suggestions from Neil and Kevin I
used Perl's MIME::Tools to write a script that accomplishes as much as
I needed for the client.  Others have asked in private mail for a
follow-up, so here it is.

Given a STDIN MIME mail stream the script will dump any MIME
attachments to disk.  Command-line options are on the TODO list, so
edit the script for now to modify options.  Today's my
finish-or-release deadline and it ain't done, so here's what I have so
far:
   http://bfccomputing.com/downloads/apps/bfc/dump_mail_attachments.pl

It's usable but I wanted to get the TODO items done before calling it
'ready for production'.

GPL.

-Bill

-----