[OT] NH protest against HP printers with RFID chips Nov. 5th

Thomas Charron twaffle at gmail.com
Tue Oct 25 14:53:00 EDT 2005

On 10/25/05, Randy Edwards <redwards at golgotha.net> wrote:

> > Is RFID for inventory really that big of a deal?
> Yes. The problem is that there are no restrictions in how the chips will
> be used.
> For example, Gillette uses RFID in its razor packages. Gillette, in
> conjunction with retailers, has come up with store shelves which snap a
> photo
> of any potential customer whenever anyone picks up a package of razors off
> the shelf.

News flash. They could do the exact same thing with bar code if they put em
on the side, and mounted a bar code reader sideways.

Hell, they could snap the picture, then use facial recognition all around
the store..

Hrm, that's a good idea.

I'll be staging a protest right next to them, but instead, the real evil is.
Faces. All people should remove their faces IMMEDIATLY, as they can be used
for tracking purposes. They simply identify oneself entirely to easy..

And don't get me started on walmart actually catering to those bastards who
have the gaul to be born with fingerprints. DAMNED them.. ;-)

 That's simple RFID inventory technology -- but it's not the type we
> normally think of and who knows how those photos and data are being used.
> The public is woefully ignorant of RFID and its potential uses and
> misuses.

So, you don't want anything to b able to wirelessly identify you.

Do you have a cell phone? Careful man, very trackable. MORE EASILY trackable
then any RFID chip, btw.

Thomas