[OT] NH protest against HP printers with RFID chips Nov. 5th

Travis Roy travis at scootz.net
Wed Oct 26 11:00:01 EDT 2005

> There are highways in Canada where they actually do this and issue the
> speeding ticket right at the exit toll.  No RFID needed.

That was one of the reason I opted for the EZ-Pass, there are already
plenty of ways for them to track me via my car and license plate without
RFID. The fact is that RFID just makes it easier, and isn't that what
technology is really about.

You drive around all the time with an unique ID screwed into the back of
the car.

That is probably the most important thing to me with RFID, that it only
transmits a unique ID that is later cross referenced by somebody else
that has the information. I don't want my name and other info sent over
RF waves, but if 2451346256345243245 does and then a cop or whoever can
look up "2451346256345243245" and that brings up my info, that's alright
with me.

As others have pointed out, if you have a cell phone you can already be
tracked. All this tracking and keeping info on people has long been
around before RFID.