[OT] NH protest against HP printers with RFID chips Nov. 5th

Brian gnhlug at karas.net
Wed Oct 26 18:23:00 EDT 2005

No, but it *would* make more sense to be concerned about a problem/threat
that actually exists, vs. a made-up exploited use of RFID on top of a
possible, but unlikely, problem.  How many levels of paranoia deep do you
want to take this thread?

> "Tinfoilhat-ish" is an odd way to describe the question,
> though. That term suggests a clock that's been deliberately
> pushed back,

No, it suggests an unwarranted paranoia.

> I've had clock syncing problems in a bunch of desktops I
> support, and every one of them had been configured to use the
> Windows network time sync. In the end I discovered that they
> were syncing against several different time servers, and most
> of them were doing it weekly. I can only assume this was the
> default that Microsoft defined for the initial install.

Well then, I hope you don't some day get a job building a speed-monitoring
setup for the EZ Pass folks.  If we want to base our concern for possible
problems on simple preventable human error, maybe you should worry that
they'll mistype the algorithm also, and give EVERYONE a speeding ticket.