[OT] NH protest against HP printers with RFID chips Nov. 5th

Thomas M. Albright talbright at albrightent.com
Wed Oct 26 20:00:01 EDT 2005

On Wed, 26 Oct 2005, bryan wrote:

> Under this logic, if someone steals my car, then, since there's no "paperwork"
> I'm responsible for what the thief does with it.

A police report is paperwork.

> and if I'm not, then why am I responsible when someone borrows it ?  If I
> create a written document that they sign before they borrow it, am I then not
> responsible because of that "paperwork"? who decides what "paperwork" is
> acceptable and what is not?  what if they borrow the car without my knowledge
> or permission ?

That's theft. File a police report.

> If I borrow an axe from you, and there's no "paperwork" saying such,
> and then use it to hack my wife to death are you then responsible ?
> Can I borrow an axe?

No. I don't lend things to people unless I know they know how to use
them and I know what it'll be used for. tada! My ass is covered. No one
but me uses my gun unless I'm right there to supervise. No one but me
uses my car at all.

Why is that such a difficult concept?

Oh, and please don't top-post.

--
TARogue (Linux user number 234357)
 Drama is life with the dull bits cut out. -Alfred Hitchcock (1899-1980)