Linux + Windows install question

Jerry Feldman gaf at blu.org
Fri Oct 28 08:40:01 EDT 2005

On Friday 28 October 2005 8:24 am, Neil Schelly wrote:
>  However, I find separate computers to be a much better solution for
>  office work.  With hardware so cheap and many very capable retired
>  computers available, you  might consider a KVM switch.
A couple of other solutions may involve either virtualization on WINE.
For a few critical Windows apps, either WINE or Crossover Office (commercial
WINE with a front end and tested apps) might do the job. Another solution
is Win4Lin which is a product that runs Windows as a Linux process.  Then
there is VMWARE.  Note that WINE (and Crossover Office) do not require
Windows licenses where Win4Lin and VMWare run a copy of Windows and would
require the license,
--
Jerry Feldman <gaf at blu.org>
Boston Linux and Unix user group