Annoying getting PHP5 & MySQL to work under AMD64

Fred puissante at lrc.puissante.com
Thu Sep 1 14:18:00 EDT 2005

Any help here will be *greatly* appreciated.

I am trying to get a PHP5 (5.1) build to work with MySQL under a 64-bit FC3
installation on AMD 64 system.

At first the config phase complained about not finding libmysqlclient. Got
around that. But it is still not finding the extension during runtime.

Does anyone have this configuration successfully working?

It is possible I am doing something totally lame or missed a detail or two
somehwhere. This is to run with Apache, and it is possible Apache is looking
in the wrong place for the PHP5 module, so I'll double-check that the next
time.

In the meantime, I would love to hear from those who have this working.
Thanks.

-Fred