Ink jet refill kit experiences?

Drew Van Zandt drew.vanzandt at gmail.com
Thu Sep 1 20:53:00 EDT 2005

I've run the numbers several times, and while this is true for
standard prints, if you want 8x10s getting a good photoprinter is
worth it in the long run... this goes double for anything larger.  On
the other hand, just how many 8x10's does anyone need, usually?  For a
few, Ofoto makes most sense.  Also, it's VERY difficult to say "Oh,
you want a copy of that?  *print*" if you use Ofoto - and some of my
artist friends complain that Ofoto etc. do nasty things with "color
correction" etc. that make it impossible to get that perfect print,
even if you ask them not to.  Nothing beats a short feedback loop for
that, I guess.

--DTVZ