Question on iptables and forwarding inward

Star nhstar at gmail.com
Sat Sep 10 12:10:01 EDT 2005

Hi All,

I've got a server sitting inside my firewall (netfilter/iptables) and I need
to make it completely accessible to clients coming from specific subnets.
I've used iptables for NATing and other uses from the inside out, but not
for coming outside in, and since it's a windows box, I'd like to limit it so
that it only a couple of known networks can get access to it. Port
forwarding it ~doable~ but with all the services, I'm hoping to avoid a
chain that long.

Any help would be very much appriciated!

~Star