Email based trouble ticketing system

Bill McGonigle bill at bfccomputing.com
Tue Sep 13 22:02:01 EDT 2005

On Sep 13, 2005, at 17:51, Travis Roy wrote:

> That should be possible based on the subject and header information.

I believe there have been some RT ad-ons that attempt to do the subject
line thing, but it's discouraged.  As Ben said, what do you do with
"Re: help!" when you have 20 of them in the database?  From yesteday.
If the subject gets a tag then it should be working - maybe that's
where the problem is?.

> Hah, you say those things like we have a linux mail server. Sadly, we
> use Ipswitch Imail (I know, I know)

It sounds to me like your poor mail server is costing your company lots
of money.  Down 50 times and customer communication keeps getting
screwed up - put a number next to that.  Then put a number next to 10
hours of Travis's time setting up a good mailserver.

> I just put in ANOTHER request to have stuff go through the ticketing
> system only. Hopefull that will pan out.

Good move - but make sure the request is speaking the native language
of the decision maker.  If every noun in that language is 'bean', so be
it.

-Bill
-----
bill at bfccomputing.com           Mobile: 603.252.2606