Certain distros not booting?

Python python at venix.com
Fri Sep 16 11:08:01 EDT 2005

Do you think it could be drive specific?  Either the drive or the media
are out of spec?  Can the drive really read the problem CDs?

dd if=/dev/hdc of=/dev/null count=200

This should report an error if there is a problem reading the media.  If
this works, then the CD is getting read and I do not know what to
suggest.

--
Lloyd Kvam
Venix Corp.