DirecTV equipment

Tom Buskey tom at buskey.name
Sun Sep 18 21:57:01 EDT 2005

On 9/18/05, Travis Roy <travis at scootz.net> wrote:

> Hello.. turns out after my move there's to many trees in the way for
> DirecTV. This makes me very unhappy, but I got the equipment for close
> to free.
>
> I have one normal reciver, and oval dish (dual lnb) and a 40hr DirecTiVo.
>
> I have a guy comming for another go at mounting the dish but I tried a
> sweep of the area today with no luck.
>
> Comcast is $30/more a month for the same service :(
>
> I may just build a myth box and dl torrents of shows (but I didn't say
> that) ;) That and sign up for nexflix again..
>
> But ANYWAY...
>
> Is anybody interested in this equipment, I would like to get SOME money
> for it, but I'm not looking to make a killing. The DirecTiVo only works
> with DirecTV.

One reason I have a Tivo and not a DirecTivo. TivoToGo, transfering between
Tivos on a home network and recording to DVDs will not work with the
DirecTivo either.

If I didn't need the slick interface for my wife though, I'd look at MythTV
instead. Even fewer restrictions and no monthly fee. Still, 40 hr Tivo
($100)+ lifetime membership ($299) is probably similar in cost to setting up
MythTV from scratch.

--
A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent of many bad
measures.