[Completely OT] Bike Ride for charity

Paul Lussier p.lussier at comcast.net
Sat Sep 24 23:01:02 EDT 2005

Hi,

Some of you may remember that last year I rode in a 100 mile bike ride
for charity benifiting a number of charities for kids.  I've decided
to do try this again, and after biking a ridiculous amount summer
(averaging over 100 miles per week!) I feel really good about the
event this year.  However, I need help raising some money for the
charity we're riding for.

This 100 mile bike ride will take place on Saturday, October 1st and
will likely take my feeble legs all day to pedal it :) The ride benefits
a number of different charities, the one we're riding for is Mass
Mentoring Partnership:

    Mass Mentoring Partnership (MMP) works to ensure the availability of
    high quality mentoring programs to meet the needs of youth
    statewide. Through technical assistance, advocacy, and public
    awareness efforts, MMP seeks to expand mentoring and is a resource
    for mentors, mentees, and mentoring initiatives. Since 1992, more
    than 478 organizations and 3,000 mentors have received MMP training
    and support. MMPs goal is for each community to have access to an
    active and vibrant high-quality mentoring infrastructure to meet the
    needs of its youth.

Donations can be made out to 'Ride for Kids' and can be in any amount
you would be so kind to sponsor me with :)

Please send any donation to me at my home address by September 30, 2005
(that's next week!) If you don't have my address, please let me know :)

Or, if you prefer, you can donate online at:

https://www.kintera.org/faf/donorReg/donorPledge.asp?ievent=123792&supId=99588165

If a financial contribution is not possible at this time, then please
at least keep me in your thoughts that day as I attempt to pedal in a
single day what I usually take all week to accomplish :)

Thanks again!
--
Seeya,
Paul

Ob Linux:

This e-mail was composed using Gnus v5.11 in GNU Emacs 22.0.50.2
(i686-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit, Xaw3d scroll bars) of 2005-03-29
running on Linux 2.4.26 #1 SMP Thu Jul 22 11:29:33 EDT 2004 i686
GNU/Linux.  The gnhlug mail address was auto-expanded from BBDB
version 2.35 ($Date: 2004/05/28 14:47:14 $).

No proprietary software was used in the writing, preparing, or sending
of this e-mail, nor will any be used in the preparation, training for,
or actual bike ride.