Recommendations for C++ sourcecode analysis tools

Steven W. Orr steveo at syslang.net
Mon Apr 3 21:55:01 EDT 2006

On Monday, Apr 3rd 2006 at 17:27 -0400, quoth Michael ODonnell:

=>>If you want a tool from that class, my fave is idtools. Way superior.
=>
=>Never heard of it.  I'll try it in my Copious Spare Time.

It comes with a tool called mkid which scans a directory hierarchy. It
knows about a lot of different languages because it has a different
scanner for each language. mkid produces as output a bitmap of all
symbols' references and definitions. Then it comes with a a bunch of
access tools that each in id.

gid (as in grep id) knows what lines and what files to find the refs.
eig just lists the files
aid produces the filenames with a degree of approximation as to how the
arg is spelled,
etc...

Very useful

--
steveo at syslang dot net TMMP1 http://frambors.syslang.net/
Do you have neighbors who are not frambors?