Question about GPL issue.

Steven W. Orr steveo at syslang.net
Thu Apr 6 13:45:01 EDT 2006

I do pretty well here, so I thought I'd go to the well one more time.

I am sure that I read something somewhere (though I could be wrong) where
RMS said that he happily took other people's code and essentially changed
the names of the variables and slapped a GPL at the beginning of the file.

I would like to do the opposite. (I can't go into details, but please
trust me when I say that there is no evil involved in this exercise.) I
want to take a small module (yes I know that size doesn't *really* count)
and swing it out of GPL using the same technique. Can anyone point me to
where RMS said this? I do remember that it was a long time ago, maybe 10
years or so.

steveo at syslang.net