DVI monitor won't wake up?

Cole Tuininga colet at code-energy.com
Thu Apr 6 17:27:00 EDT 2006

On Thu, 2006-04-06 at 16:54 -0400, Mark Komarinski wrote:
> Has it ever worked in graphical mode?  Your card may be a dual-head
> display with the primary one being the analog and the second being
> digital.  I've got a user who has this and text mode is duplicated on
> both displays, then have different displays once X starts.  You might
> just have a messed up X configuration.

Hmmm - interesting point.  Having never even been in the presence of a
dual headed system, I hadn't thought of this.  I would imagine that the
card is dual-head capable - it has one DVI and one VGA port.

I haven't mucked with the X server conf except to set up the proprietary
nvidia driver ... how would one go about checking this?  If it's the
case, my ideal setup would be that the exact same things would be pushed
out both the DVI and VGA (at least for the time being) - how do I do
that?  8)

This is an entirely new area for me.

--
Cole Tuininga <colet at code-energy.com>