Contact manager?

Mark Komarinski mkomarinski at wayga.org
Fri Apr 7 08:26:01 EDT 2006

On Thu, Apr 06, 2006 at 07:29:34PM -0400, Ken D'Ambrosio wrote:
> As noted in a previous e-mail, Kenette 2.0 (a/k/a "Isabella") has made her
> appearence.  Which is all well and good.  Except that now we have to send
> out those pesky birth announcements.
>
> Which, well, kinda sucks.  If it were a one-shot deal, I'd just cope, but
> these are also pretty much the same people we (should) send Christmas
> cards to every year.
>
> So, is there a pretty straightforward contact manager out there that
> a) is web-based, and
> b) supports import/export from/to CSV?
>
> I'm sure there is, but I'm curious to see what others have used.  Clearly,
> we don't need a full-blown CM, but if there's one out there that's fairly
> easy to install and use, sure, I'd be interested.

I asked this question about 18 months ago for Christmas cards.  I wound up
punting and putting all the information in a MySQL database, then use
OpenOffice.org and its mail merge function to print out the envelopes.
You can manage the addresses via base, but since it's in a MySQL
database, you could even set up phpMyAdmin to do it via the web.

-Mark