DVI monitor won't wake up?

Stephen Ryan stephen.p.ryan at Dartmouth.EDU
Fri Apr 7 10:21:02 EDT 2006

On Fri, 2006-04-07 at 09:44 -0400, Cole Tuininga wrote:
> Well, I finally got around to installing the Wintendo side of the system
> last night and guess what?  DVI works just fine there.
>
> I'm thinking more and more that this might be a Twinview issue.  The
> Windows system (well, the Nvidia app that came with the drivers)
> recognized not only that I had two outputs on the video card, but also
> that I had both of them hooked up.  It automatically set Twinview for
> clone mode.
>
> Hopefully this weekend I'll be able to give setting up clone mode
> manually a try this weekend.

I've forgotten now, but I think you said you had a recent Geforce video
card in there; I have a 6800GS, but I'm running it in dual-head mode and
so I thought that my experience wasn't relevant.  I saw something
similar, but I always had the second monitor on and could see that it
was just preferring the VGA port, so I carried on with setting up
TwinView.  The only remaining part of that problem that I notice is that
the gdm login prompt appears on the monitor I consider secondary.