Meeting Report - Seacoast - Python - 10 Apr

Cole Tuininga colet at code-energy.com
Tue Apr 11 14:18:01 EDT 2006

On Tue, 2006-04-11 at 12:05 -0400, Ben Scott wrote:
> Hi all,
>
>   My thanks again to Rob Anderson for last night's SLUG (Seacoast LUG)
> for a very educational meeting on Python (along with occasional brief
> side trips for COBOL, LISP, Pascal, and other stuff).  I also
> expressed my annoyance with Rob, because I'm too {lazy, busy,
> stubborn} to learn another language right now, and after a brief
> introduction, Python looks very interesting to me.

*snip*

Welcome to the wide world of Python.  Warning: many of those who enter
find that they really prefer not to leave.  ;)

Advocacy aside, python can be a really interesting language to work
with.  And for those that have the interest, don't forget our GNHLUG
associated group, the PySIG.

Important points:

o) Meets in Manchester on the fourth Thursday of every month
o) Spearheaded by our own Bill Sconce
o) website at http://www.pysig.org/
o) Anybody and everybody with an interest in Python is welcome
o) (usually low volume) mailing list at
http://dlslug.org/mailman/listinfo/python-talk

--
Cole Tuininga <colet at code-energy.com>