yahoo -> verizon mail br0ken

kevin_d_clark at comcast.net kevin_d_clark at comcast.net
Mon Apr 24 08:15:00 EDT 2006

 Here is something interesting:

: Date:	 23 Apr 2006 17:42:49 -0000
: From:	MAILER-DAEMON at yahoo.com
: To:	bob at yahoo.com
: Subject:	failure notice
:
: Hi. This is the qmail-send program at yahoo.com.
: I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message to the following
: addresses.
: This is a permanent error; I've given up. Sorry it didn't work out.
:
: <USERNAME at verizon.net>:
: Connected to 206.46.232.13 but sender was rejected.
: Remote host said: 550 Email from your Email Service Provider is currently
: blocked by
: Verizon Online's anti-spam system.  The email "sender" or Email Service
: Provider may visit
: http://www.verizon.net/whitelist and request removal of the block.

A friend of mine even reminded me that Verizon and Yahoo have a business relationship when it comes to ISP functionality.

I thought I'd pass this along.  From my friend's perspective, he is a Verizon customer and he is looking for work; he is none to happy at the possibility that responses to his resume might be blocked.

--kevin