What's a developer to do?

Bill Sconce sconce at in-spec-inc.com
Mon Apr 24 10:50:01 EDT 2006

On Fri, 21 Apr 2006 13:17:07 -0400
Bruce Dawson <jbd at codemeta.com> wrote:

> >>(what a total cop-out compared to Windows!).
> >
> > Disconnect.
> > Power off.
> > Bye.
>
> Ah Ha! Now who is doing the cop-out?

Er, me, of course.    :)

> PS: I'm using "fanatic rhetoric" because people on this list seem to
> respond to it

Q.E.D.   :)      :)

> (And I'm missing my geeky friends lately - umbrella-laced rum only
> goes so far).

Same here.  Hurry home, Bruce.

> There is a real, but subtle, problem here, and I thank maddog for
> seeing it and looking into it more.

Back to serious.  Yes, there is a problem, and I second the vote for
maddog's sentient take on it.  I.e., we might read Jean-Claude Wippler's
concerns as an affirmation of the need to make LSB real.  (It's hard
to tell through the whining -- is there a subtext of "I want starpacks
INSTEAD of LSB"?  That would be very Unix-wars like itself, in a
self-referential way.)

> I shall stick to technical details on future postings to this thread.

No, no...   this is gnhlug...       :)

-Bill