Question about rdesktop

Mark Komarinski mkomarinski at wayga.org
Wed Apr 26 09:55:01 EDT 2006

On Wed, Apr 26, 2006 at 08:52:54AM -0400, Paul Lussier wrote:
> "Steven W. Orr" <steveo at syslang.net> writes:
>
> > At work I run linux but I have to get my damn email via winbloze.
>
> Is IMAP/SSL an option instead?  That will allow you to use most any
> IMAP client you want, including fetchmail.  If they're running OWA on
> the Exchange server, then you might be able to get Evolution to work
> with Connector, if you don't mind Evolution (personally, I find it as
> ugly, confining, and as lacking in flexibility as Outlook, but hey,
> that's me :)

I have to use outlook to keep my calendar and palm synced.  Here's my
scheme which is a variation on what my co-worker is doing:

download POP to my workstation, delete older than 7 days
use outlook in a vmware window to manage my calendar and sync with PDA
use IMAP for any other connections (PDA, home, etc.)

I can't use evolution-connector for some reason - the back end apps
always wind up dying.  I think there's something funny with our Exchange
install.

-Mark