CLARIFICATION: Re: remove linux, and then install Windows XP

Neil Schelly neil at jenandneil.com
Wed Apr 26 11:21:00 EDT 2006

That would seem to indicate to me then that there's a problem with your
Windows CD.  Because GRUB was installed on your hard disk, it's still there
(until Windows wipes it).  But since you're seeing it with the Windows disc
in the drive, that suggests your BIOS is giving up on finding a bootable
image on that disc and is falling back to the next available boot method,
your hard disk.

Have you tried that Windows installer disc in another machine to verify that
it is in fact a good disc?
-N