[OT] [NLC] Drip Dry Phone

Bill McGonigle bill at bfccomputing.com
Sun Apr 30 17:21:01 EDT 2006

On Apr 29, 2006, at 12:41, Bruce Labitt wrote:

> My daughter just laundered her phone.  We pulled it out of the washing
> machine just now.   Is there any hope on reviving it, or should I just
> trundle down to the phone store for a new one?

One time I went backcountry camping - I put the phone in the dog's pack
so it would be easily accessible (without having to take my 90 pounder
down).  About two miles into the woods we came across a river.  She's a
Lab.

I pulled the battery and hung it from the pack for the day and left it
out in the sun whenever we stopped and that night it worked fine and
for another couple years.  The LCD panel was the slowest to dry but for
family reasons I ran the phone with a wet LCD panel and it was fine (no
damage but it didn't work well while wet).

-Bill

-----
Blog: http://blog.bfccomputing.com/