UPSes - MinuteMan, others?

Mike Medai mikemedai at netscape.net
Thu Aug 10 17:44:01 EDT 2006

dragonhawk at gmail.com wrote:

> You definitely take an efficiency hit.  However, in this case
> (extremely dirty power and extremely expensive and sensitive
> equipment), I believe we don't have much choice.  We need something
> that can handle frequent severe sags as well as all sorts of
> distortions.  A stand-by UPS will be tripping on and off battery all
> day long, and be dead within a month or two.  That's inefficient, too.
> :-)
>
> -- Ben

What you might be looking for is a "line conditioner".  We've used these
before where our supply current/voltage was having difficulties
maintaining a nominal value (in a calibration laboratory) and we needed
a nice stable line voltage.

Tripp Lite also makes these:
http://www.tripplite.com/products/conditioners/index.cfm

Hth ..