Exchange Killer?

klussier at comcast.net klussier at comcast.net
Wed Aug 16 16:19:00 EDT 2006

From: brk <gnhlug at karas.net>
> We evaluated Scalix and Zimbra, and both of them were found to be
> completely inadequate as a pseudo-Exchange.  They both have varying
> degrees of groupware and sharing, but I wouldn't call either one a
> drop-in replacement.  I had also looked at Bynari about 18 months ago
> and came to the same conclusion on that one.

I'm interested to hear what people think is inadequate about Scalix (and the other products out there, but less so, since I don't use them). I have been running Scalix in production since December (and a few months before that in evaluation). There have been a few problems, but nothing that I would consider to be a show-stopper. It is completely possible that people put far greater importance on some aspects of Exchange then I do, or I have just been extremely lucky.