Tuning NFS (and Gbit Enet ?)

Michael ODonnell michael.odonnell at comcast.net
Wed Aug 23 12:11:01 EDT 2006

Well, the problem in this case turned out to be an Enet cable(!)
I finally noticed that one of the NICs had autonegotiated
itself back down to 100MB/S when nobody was looking and it
refused to go faster when instructed to do so via ethtool.
I haven't yet analyzed it thoroughly but I swapped a different
cable into the rig and we're now getting ~35MB/S - yay!

Along the way I found this collection of network performance and
tuning links that seems good enough to be deserve a mention here:

  http://www.csm.ornl.gov/~dunigan/netperf/netlinks.html