Strange PPP Disconnect errors?

Kevin D. Clark kclark at elbrysnetworks.com
Wed Dec 6 17:26:23 EST 2006

Derek Atkins writes:

> I was just guessing that CBCP had anything to do with it.  The PPPD
> I've got installed theoretically supports CBCP.  Yes, the windows capture
> had it, which is why I thought about it.  The "nomagic" and "noendpoint"
> options claim to only be neccessary if you have a broken peer, but for
> all I know I /do/ have a broken peer.
>
> Regardless, my current configuration seems to work, so.... *shrugs*

I agree with this sentiment.  I'm glad to hear it works.

> I couldn't figure out how to tell wireshark on Linux to grab all the PPP
> link control handshake packets in order to compare.  But I can post the
> PPPD log (that works) if you really care.

Maybe you could try pppd's "record <filename>" option and send us the
output of pppdump?  But, obviously, the PPP-is-working case is less
interesting than the PPP-is-not-working case.

Regards,

--kevin
--
GnuPG ID: B280F24E              Never could stand that dog.
alumni.unh.edu!kdc                   -- Tom Waits